Raised in the PR world, I began answering the phone at my mom’s firm at the age of 6. Since then I have added more skills to my toolbox and have become a media relations specialist. A natural-born communicator, I most recently served as Press Secretary to U.S. Senator Mark Kirk (Ill.).
As a media relations expert who has spent nearly three years working directly with Chicago media on behalf of two very high profile public figures (U.S. Senator Mark Kirk and Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart), I am highly qualified to join any team looking for an experienced communications professional. I have well-established ties with local, state, and national media, which I have built by implementing successful press events, writing effective press releases, and managing local and national pitches and story leads.
With a total of over four years of experience in the communications field, I have:
- secured over 1,000 local, state, and national media hits.
- coordinated with colleagues to write informative media materials, including press releases, media advisories, blogs, and op eds, that are consistent with key messaging.
- managed TV crews for press events, interviews, and large scale film productions.
- fielded and organized inquiries from media, organizations, and the general public on a daily basis, and efficiently managed responses.
- capably handled controversies and crises by quickly developing and disseminating concise responses to personal, local, and national stories and issues.
- overseen the development and implementation of monthly editorial calendars and collaborated with designers to deliver creative content for optimal customer engagement.
In my free time, I enjoy serving as the Team Recruitment Chair for Chicago’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s to help find a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Learn more about why I walk to End Alzheimer’s in my interview with ABC7.
I am eager to utilize my unique set of skills to ensure your company or organization’s brand and message is clearly and consistently communicated to your customers, clients, or the general public. Please feel free to contact me to discuss how I can help develop and advance your communication strategy.